Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted!

I rolled out of bed at 5:30 this morning to go vote. I really had good intentions of going and voting early but that didn't really pan out the way I would have like it to. Luckily, I only had to go across the stret to another apartment complex to vote. I got there at 545am and there were already about 25 people in line ( retirees that get up at the crack of dawn and all those people that have to work at 7 or 8am). I didn't think that was too bad. I have a flu shot clinic today for a couble of hours at 10:30 and was afraid that if I waited till after work the line would be dreadful, so I'm glad I got there when I did.
The bad part was that we were all standing outside in like 35 degree weather and nobody was going in. 15 minutes later they opened the doors and about 50 people were able to get inside and get warmed up. They had only 4 voting booths set up, but it really seemed to be going pretty quickly. It was paper balloting, which was something new for me because in the smaller town I used to live in, we had electronic voting. Paper voting isn't too bad, it reminded me of those scantron forms you take tests on in high school. So, overall wait time was 1 hour and 15 minutes, and the experience wasn't terrible for my first time voting in Indianapolis. Ok everyone, I'm going back to bed for a litle bit. Don't forget to vote (and go to starbucks and get your free tall coffee for voting)!

1 comment:

XanderJL said...

wow nice template layout. about 1/3 or 1/5 of the school was gone today, even my first period teacher was gone for a bit in the beginning to go vote. you get free coffee at starbucks if you vote lol.