Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Dia De Los Muertos!

So, I have had a busy couple of weeks trying to get ready for Halloween festivities.
  • I had to make my halloween costume which consisted of a purple, black and green tutu, a corset top, a shrug with chains on it, purple hair extentions, purple and black striped tights and some thick chunky mary janes. I only made the tutu but it took me awhile to perfect it. This is a picture of the tutu about 3/4 done.
  • I also had to make jewelry for Blair's bday present:
  • I also made a few little 2 row peyote stackable rings that were in different combinations of pink, green and black (her favorite colors). I love these because they are fun, but low key and will fit under gloves for those who have to wear disposable gloves for work (I'm a nurse :P and she's a dental assistant). I didn't get to take pics of them before they made it into the gift box though.
  • I also made a necklace a chainmaille necklace! First real attempt at chainmaille, but I think it turned out really well. I posted it on Etsy today, so go check it out at my shop SeedToBead!
  • I also ordered supplies from Sun and Moon Crafts to make scrabble tile and glass pendant goodies. I made a glass pendant necklace with pink and white cherry blossoms and a green background for Blair's bday present. It was really cute, but was one of those things I didn't get a picture of before the festivities...(I know, smack me. hehe) I also played around with different papers and such and made a Jack Skellington and Sally square glass pendant with a simple "chain" made from montana blue seed beads that I purchased from GSBoutique on Etsy. This one I'm keeping for myself :)
  • I also made a glass tile ring with an asian print on it.
I think that's it for now, I hope you all had a lovely Halloween and have a great weekend!

No comments: